Are Your Contact Lenses A Pain in the Eye?
Can you feel your lenses on your eye? They may seem ok most of the time but get to 5 for 6 hours and they start to irritate. Do you remove your lenses or dread wearing them because you know your eyes will be sore after? Do you “Love & Hate” your lenses!
The latest advice from the British Contact Lens Association & the General Optical Council is that all contact lens wearers should have a contact lens aftercare appointment at least once a year. This can be more often for high risk wearers such as dry eye & people who sleep in their contact lenses.
At Elliott & Heath we want to given you a reason to attend your appointment:
- To confirm the prescription
- To check the effect of wearing contact lenses on the eye
- To check anterior eye health
- To keep your prescription up to date – we can not supply lenses to an out of date prescription.
- To test out new products offering you the in latest contact lens technology.
As contact lens practitioners and contact lens wearers ourselves, we are passionate about contact lenses.
You will be given an opportunity to try the latest in contact lens technology offering you the best in vision and comfort.
“I come across many patients who are still wearing lenses from the 1990’s yet you wouldn’t want to have a mobile phone from the 90’s or dress like you were in the 90’s but you still wear contact lens technology that is over 20 years old.
Yes its true you can pick up a mobile phone for £20 it makes phone calls & sends text messages, but would you not rather have an iPhone or the latest Android, so you can pick up your emails & search the web?
You might be able to see in old fashioned contact lenses but can you feel them & can you wear them all day without any feeling at all?
I can wear my lenses all day every day & don’t even know they are there, my vision just feels normal!”
Beth Ralph Contact Lens Optician
When Were Your Contact Lenses Invented?
Our lifestyles are very different, environments are drier than they have ever been with the significant increase in the use of technology like mobile phones, tablets & laptops. Air conditioning in our cars, work places and central heating in our homes dry our our eyes & lenses. Air pollution can degrade lenses quicker yet we need to wear our lenses longer hours due to demanding days.
Modern lenses & contact lens solutions are designed to cope better with these environments. High oxygen breathable lenses keep the eyes looking white & healthy, lubricious surfaces prevent lenses drying out meaning longer wearing times & comfortable eyes.
Want to Try The Latest In Contact Lens Technology?
- Attend wearing your lenses (minimum of 2 hours before) unless you have any concerns such as red eye, discomfort etc.
- Bring your glasses- your will be asked to remove your lenses for an anterior eye examination using an orange dye called fluorescein. This means you will not be able to put soft contact lenses back on for 30 minutes following the appointment.
Is It About Time You Changed Your Optician?
To get £20 off your first order of Dailies Total One or £10 off your first order of Alcon Monthly Lenses register on https://www.wearlenses.co.uk/ & choose Elliott & Heath Opticians.